Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Working girls

So on Saturday night I was at a social function for work when a co-worker came up to me and said she had heard that I was changing schools. I told her no I wasn't and I didn't know where she would have heard that. Then five minutes later my boss approached me and said that she wanted me to "consider" switching schools. I told her I really didn't want to but I would think about it. I walked away pissed because I knew that she was the one that had told my co-worker I was switching schools. What the fuck? Why is there no professionalism these days? You can't go around telling someone that another person is being transferred before you tell the person you're transferring. That's so no right. Anyway then yesterday I got an email from the principal at the new school asking when can I meet with him. I haven't even talked to my boss. Not one single word since Saturday. I guess when she said I should consider changing schools she meant it was a done deal and she was giving me a head's up. I wish she would just grow some fucking balls and say what she actually means. Better yet, I wish she would have actually considered my opinions and thoughts before making the decision. I really don't want to change schools simply because I already know my students where I'm at. However if she had approached it differently I wouldn't be ready to dig in my heels and fucking punch her which is how I feel right now. I am so sick of bosses that have no management skills or potential whatsoever. I just need people to be direct and honest. Why is that so damn difficult? I hate the damn gray areas that are created by people making exceptions all the damn time. And I hate that the boss wants to make the decision but doesn't have the self-confidence to stand behind what they say. I hates boss specifically because she is lazy and stupid and a greedy. All great management skills these days it seems. I am so fed up with this stupidity. Just let me do my damn job. And let me do it how it needs to be done not by some stupid arbitrary rule that you came up with so that you're life is easier. God forbid we actually focus on the kids who this whole program is supposed to be about. Grr!!

No comments: